Project for Occupational therapy centre
DIGNE LIFES FOR ALL
Little Flower Mercy Home has been accommodating the poorest people of India since 24 years. We have 4 assistance buildings (Men’s House, Women’s House, Boy’s House and Girl’s House). |
In this document we will talk about the need of bringing dignity in our people’s lives, feel valuable, bring them back to their normal life. We want them to consider themselves “differently abled” rather than disabled.
From the 300 patients we have, 50% are capable of contribute to our daily life in different ways that will be explained in this document. We need your help in order to bring sense to their lives through work, and help us reaching economical autonomy.
Current Daily Life Activities:
Occupational Therapy Centre:
We believe that with small investments we can make a huge difference in our daily costs. Our aim is to be able to produce our daily needs and also create a small economy, which will allow us to pay for what we cannot produce. Our patients are ill but have strength and believe in overcoming their present situation. With a daily labor, we can provide them occupation therapy, healing through work. With that, their rehabilitation is faster and our self autonomy can become a reality. For our small industry, we see the following needs:
Dairy & Poltry Farm
- We currently have 9 cows. From them we get 20 liters of milk per day and also from them we produce Biogas. With the Biogas, we cover 7% of our daily gas need. We want to build another Farm, having more cows and growing our chicken will provide us less dependence on external partners, and also sell what we cannot use.
Paper Plate Industry
- Who doesn’t need paper plates? They are a very demanded item and very easy to produce, with just a machine, cheap and easy to use, we can have our small paper plate industry.
- Notebook machinery is cheap and easy to handle, it has a high demand and a very little material cost. Machinery is not dangerous and requires few skills to manage.
Tailoring and Handicraft House
- Our children is very good at arts, and they are highly skilled to Handicraft. Learning while producing is what this project is about.
Shop for Visitors
- We receive many visitors, they can buy what we produce at a reasonable price, with the satisfaction that the money invested has a good charity purpose.
Fresh Vegetable Market
- Bananas, Ginger, Tapioca, Elephant Yam and some beans grow in our wonderful Rainforest Garden. We aim to grow other vegetable species which will allow us to produce vegetables during all the seasons, and get profit from them.
- Bricks are nowadays, very important for the construction industry. One of the main advantages of doing this work is that the patients have the possibility to do physical exercise, feel capable, while contributing to the community.
In the following table you can find the cost details:
In the following table you can find the cost details.
- We can make bread and other bakery items, for our use and sell it in the market. Bread is easy to produce with some little machinery, and our people are capable to help us with this task.
This document is a call for action, your support in any of the needs mentioned above will be highly appreciated. We are sure, that by the support of all of us, we can bring Little Flower Mercy Home the possibility to become self-efficient.
|Occupational Therapy Project||Cost Rs.||Cost Euro|
|New Building Structure ||2,000,000||32,258|
|Dairy & Poltry Farm ||1,000,000||16,129|
|Paper Plate Industry ||100,000||1,613|
|Notebook Industry ||150,000||2,419|
|Tailoring and Handicraft House ||300,000||4,839 |
|Shop for Visitors ||100,000||1,613|
|Fresh Vegetable Market ||200,000||3,226|
|Bricks Industry ||1,000,000||16,129|
|Bakery ||150,000||2,419 |
|Total Amount ||5,000,000||80,645|